[STN-Affiliates] Damaged equipment

Carrie Paulo cpaulo at scsk12.org
Mon Feb 23 06:56:01 PST 2009

I am very disgruntled at the moment. It seems like every time I turn around
I¹ve got something damaged or broken. I used to do a visual inspection of
every piece of equipment when it was checked out & also when it was brought
back in. But, coupled with regular classroom teacher responsibilities  and
actually grading projects, I ran out of time (& ran around like a chicken
with my head cut off).

So, I instituted ³Equipment Managers.² Their sole responsibility is to check
in/out everything & verify that it¹s all in good working order. For the
duration of their duty at the desk, they do not have a video assignment due.
Well, that¹s not working out so well either as they don¹t check as
thoroughly as they should and things are slipping by them.

We do not have a budget for repairs and when I can¹t catch who is doing the
breaking, the cost for repairs ha to come out of our very limited
fundraising money. I am kind of at a loss. You know how when you¹re so mad
and you¹re seeing red that you can¹t think straight? Yes. That¹s where I am.
I¹d love some practical solutions since I can¹t seem to come up with any
just now.

Thanks!

Mrs. Carrie Paulo
TV/Film Instructor
Arlington TigerVision

Arlington High School
5475 Airline Road
Arlington, TN 38002
Phone: 901-867-1541 x252
Fax: 901-867-1546

Shelby County Schools  offers educational and employment opportunities
without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, or
disability.