[STN-Affiliates] Offline Clips?

Chuck Massey Chuck.Massey at cps.k12.ar.us
Wed Feb 18 06:49:51 PST 2009

Sandy,

Final Cut Pro requires a local scratch drive unless you are using XSAN.  In other words, students have to stay on the same computer for the FCP project.  The data files go off-line because
they are stored on a local drive such as the system drive or an external drive attached to the computer that contains the original footage, etc.

Chuck Massey
Apple Certified Trainer Final Cut Pro 6
Cabot High TV
Cabot, Arkansas

>>> Sandy Beeson <sbeeson.hhs at gmail.com> 2/18/2009 8:33 AM >>>
I have my Macs networked and I have a kid who did a stop motion project on
one Mac and he's trying to open it on a different Mac.  A lot of the clips
on the 2nd Mac say offline but on the original Mac they are there, rendered,
and fine.  Any ideas why this is happening?

--
Sandy Beeson
War Eagle Television