[STN-Affiliates] Offline Clips?

Romey, Jacalyn jromey at searcyschools.org
Wed Feb 18 07:58:02 PST 2009

Sandy,
Your student will have to reconnect the files to the original clips that reside on the original mac. If he has opened the project from another computer he is networked. In Final Cut select the files that are off line, go to file and reconnect media. It will allow you to either locate or search for the clips. The clips should be in the capture scratch folder on the original computer. Once they are reconnected, you can see them on the other computer. You may need to re-render. I tell my kids that the clips on the timeline and in the browser are just placeholders for the real clips that are stored in the capture scratch folder. That helps them understand that they can't throw away the captured clips. Hope this helps.

Jacki Romey