[STN-Affiliates] DVD Studio Pro "Invalid Video Asset"

Fred Avery favery at norman.k12.ok.us
Fri Feb 13 10:44:43 PST 2009

Okay - my turn to be red-faced...

Been exporting sequences/projects from FCP as Quicktime files at the default
"current settings", bringing them subsequently into DVD Studio Pro, and
authoring and burning DVD's with no problems whatsoever for more than two
years.  (Yes - self contained and with DVD Studio Pro Markers.)

Now we're running into the issue of "formatting failed" but only on
occasion, and with no pattern to it I have discerned.  The log always lists
one of the quicktime sequences we're trying to burn as an "invalid asset".

The quicktime file of the exported sequence in question never seems to have
any problems noticeable when simply played back with QT player or FCP, and
plays straight through with no problems.  We're talking about sequences that
are typically 20-30 minutes running time.

I've already googled around and gotten some eye-crossing tidbits online, but
in hopes any of you have been down this road before and can add something
that doesn't cause me to mentally shut down as I try to interpret the
techno-babble, I thought I'd give it a shot.

Anyone?  Anyone?

Fred Avery
Norman North HS
Norman, OK