[STN-Affiliates] 24 hour film

Kolbo, Keith S. keith.kolbo at ocps.net
Fri Feb 13 09:56:46 PST 2009

We just participated in what I would call a suicide mission.  We entered the Orlando 24 Hour Film Festival.  I am proud that my team managed to pull it off, but because we did it as an official school event on campus, it was a brutal process. We had 16 members on our team and we worked to make sure that everyone was busy with the project as much or the time as possible.

I have posted our film at http://intheoz.com/vids

We were beat by our friends across town, WolfTV at Timber Creek.  Their film can be viewed at www.filmcrush.com<http://www.filmcrush.com/> under 24 hour.  Our film is there as well but due to technical problems it doesn't work correctly so ours is best viewed on our site.

This was about the best thing that I have done for my students this year.  My students are mostly low income.  They are generally not well read and do not have a lot of classic stories like fairy tales or religious tales in their memory.  They also have limited time outside of school due to work and duties watching siblings.  By doing this project they cold get through the whole project in one event that they could coordinate.  They also were motivated to watch lots of short stories.  They also got to see the top 24 films at the red carpet screening.  They came away with lots of ideas and with a lot of insight into the process.  It was months of education crammed into one day.

If you have a similar situation with your students and you have a death wish, I suggest you enter one of these and see the difference that it can make.

Keith S. Kolbo
TV Production
Oak Ridge High School
Orlando, Florida
407.852.3200 ext. 2620
 Sony Vegas Certification Trainer
Apple Certified Professional

 ORTV Samples at http://intheoz.com/vids

"Oak Ridge High School, where every number is a student; not the other way around." KK

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended solely for
the recipient(s) and may contain privileged information. Tampering with
or altering the contents of this message is prohibited. This information
is the same as any written document and may be subject to all rules
governing public information according to Florida Statutes. Any message
that falls under Chapter 119 shall not be altered in a manner that
misrepresents the activities of Orange County Public Schools.